Arun Shroff is the founder/CEO of Xtend.AI – where he leads a team in developing AI/ML solutions in various domains including Health, Marketing, Analytics, and Recruitment. One of the solutions in health is for the early detection of diabetic retinopathy from fundus images using AI. The solution has been successfully piloted in Senegal in partnership with ITU/WHO and the Ministry of Health. They have also developed various health tools and calculators for risk prediction as well as a multilingual chatbot to answer health related questions.
Arun is also a topic driver at the Focus Group on AI for Health a joint initiative of ITU and WHO. He is the lead author and editor for the topic group document “Standardized benchmarking of AI for Ophthalmology (Retinal Imaging Diagnostics). Arun has been an invited speaker and expert on AI and technology at conferences worldwide and contributed to publications including:
- Co-author of paper “ML4H Auditing : From Paper to Practice” published in Machine Learning for Health, Vol. 136, December 2020. Paper presented at NeurIPS 2020 workshop.
- Speaker and member of the jury at the AI for Good Innovation Factory Pitching Session
- ITU/WHO workshop on “Artificial Intelligence for Health”, New York
- AI for Good Global Summit in Geneva
- Invited paper at The Futures of e-Health conference at Alexander Von Humboldt Institute, Berlin
- Invited speaker at Tele Medicon 2020 – the annual conference of the Telemedicine Society of India, on “How AI is Transforing Healthcare’, Dec 20, 2020